A burning feeling in the chest or throat with pain is called heartburn. It is caused by the acid in the stomach which flows back into the esophagus. Some medications and pregnancy may carry the heartburn, but the changes in the eating habits and other lifestyle changes can assist to avoid the heartburn. If the heartburn is untreated, it may damage the lining of the esophagus and cause severe health problems. The following are the heartburn home remedies.
Foods to ease heartburn:
- It is essential to drink plenty of water at regular intervals to avoid heartburn.
- Chewing raw ginger is the best option to resolve heartburn.
- Mix a spoon of baking soda in single glass of water and drink it.
- Consuming nuts and bananas are the good home remedies for heartburn as it reduces the acidity.
- Practice drinking chamomile or peppermint tea and fat free skimmed milk after eating heavy foods.
- Mix Apple cider vinegar in a half cup of water and drink it to reduce the pain due to heartburn.
- Drink Papaya juice, Aloe-Vera juice or Potato juice to diminish the symptoms of heartburn. Include yoghurt, mustard and turmeric in the daily diet to relieve the heartburn problems.
- It is recommended to eat fibre rich foods to have the clear and healthy digestive system. It is important to avoid the foods like foods with high fat, soda, citrus fruits, tomatoes, caffeine, chocolate etc that would trigger the heartburn.
- Chew the food thoroughly and should finish eating 3 hours before bed time.
Lifestyle changes for heartburn
Stress is one of the cause for heartburn and it should be revealed by proper techniques. Wear loose & comfortable clothes and avoid tight belts & bands around the waist. Overweight is also a reason for heartburn and so lose the body weight in healthy ways. It is necessary to quit smoking to prevent the heartburn problems. Carry out the sleep with the head raised about 6 inches to stop the digested food backs into the esophagus. Just after eating it is not good to perform exercises or bending over, as it result in heartburn. These are the best heartburn home remedies related to lifestyle activity.